14 ITB Research Findings Receive Research Grants from Asahi Glass Foundation
BANDUNG, itb.ac.id—The Research and Community Services Agency of ITB held the ‘Grant Ceremony and Seminar on Research Findings Assisted by Asahi Glass Foundation 2020’ on Monday, September 14, 2020. This event is a form of implementation of the collaboration between ITB and Asahi Glass Foundation, Japan.
The event was opened by ITB’s Research and Innovation Vice-Rector Prof. Ir. I Gede Wenten, M.Sc., Ph.D. He stated that ITB and Asahi Glass Foundation have worked in partnership since 1988. To this day, there are 310 proposals that have been funded through this research program scheme.
Prof. Wenten expressed his gratitude towards Asahi Glass Foundation who has provided research grants for the past couple of years. Despite the pandemic, the seminar activities continued to be held virtually. “We are very pleased to know that we are able to organize this event and able to gather ITB researchers with our partners from Asahi Glass in Japan,” said Prof. Wenten.
At the Grant Ceremony and Seminar on Research Findings, 14 research findings will be made into seminars and a grant ceremony will be held for these 14 grantees which were selected from a total of 59 proposals. The selected research activities have been evaluated based on certain criteria such as intellectual qualifications, the wider impact of the proposed research, findings’ targets, and the principal researcher’s track record.
“Partnership between Asahi Glass Foundation and ITB through research grants has made a direct impact. Once again, we are thankful for Asahi Glass Foundation’s active role and for the trust and support they have given us in the long run,” he stated.
Rector of ITB’s Speech
Rector of ITB, Prof. Reini Wirahadikusumah, delivered a speech stating that ITB is focusing on some research activities and programs to strengthen its position as a research university aiming to be an entrepreneurial university.
The four focus programs carried out are as follows: 1) Increasing research intensity at ITB which will be reflected by the number of staffs involved in research and the amount of funding received from national and international sources; 2) The growth of ITB’s revenue, whether from national or international research grants; 3) Increase the amount of research publications at ITB; and 4) Continuous improvements in research collaborations in the national and international level.
“We have allocated a significant internal research funding, but we need support from ITB’s national and international partners. Asahi Glass Foundation is one of them,” said Prof. Reini in her speech.
*Rector of ITB Prof. Reini Wirahadikusumah, Ph.D
Prof. Reini stated that ITB’s partnership with Asahi Glass Foundation through the research grant has made a direct contribution towards the increase of research capacity at ITB. Therefore, she expressed her gratitude to Asahi Glass Foundation for the constant support all this time.
Chairman of Asahi Glass Foundation, Mr. Takuya Shimamura, said that Asahi Glass Foundation arranges three main programs which are research grant program, scholarship program, and commendation program named The Blue Planet Prize.
*Chairman of Asahi Glass Foundation Mr. Takuya Shimamura
He added that in 1988, Asahi Glass Foundation initiated the partnership program with ITB. Therefore, it has been 32 years since Asahi Glass Foundation and ITB worked together in various fields. “Asahi Glass Foundation has long history with Indonesia as well as with ITB," he said.
He believed that this research grant program can contribute to the development of Indonesia. He also hoped that one day individuals from Indonesia will be able to achieve “The Blue Planet Prize” award. "I believe in that your future is bright, your potential is unlimited, and your possibility is interest,” he added.
The researchers who will give lectures at the seminars are:
- Dr. Eng. Priastuti Wulandari , S.Si., M.Si. (FMIPA) who will give a lecture on Photocurrent Enhancement by Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance of Gold and Silver Nanoparticles Functionalized by Organic Molecules in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells.
- Prof. Dr. Zaki Su'ud, M.Eng. (FMIPA) will deliver a lecture on the Development of Modular 50-200 MWe Gas Cooled Fast Reactors with High Energy Conversion.
- Dr.rer.nat. Rino Rakhmata Mukti, S.Si., M.Si. (FMIPA) on Synthesis of Nano Mordenite Zeolite in The Absence of OSDA for Bioplastic Production.
- Dr. Grandprix Thomryes Marth Kadja, S.Si., M.Si. (FMIPA) on Solvent-free, OSDA-free Synthesis of ZSM-5 Zeolites from Rice Husks: Towards a Sustainable Route.
- Dr. Yogi Wibisono Budhim, ST., MT. (FTI) with his research related to the Synthesis and Characterization of Immobilized Lipase onto Cellulose Nanocrystals for Biodiesel Production.
- Dr. Ir. Hermawan Judawisastra, M.Eng. (FTMD) who will be represented by Bagas Prakoso with the lecture on Transparent and Conductive Graphene Electrodes Derived from Waste Battery for Electrochromic Application.
- Irwan Iskandar, ST., MT., Ph.D. (FTTM) on CO2 Release Related with Tectonic Activities and Its Impact to Groundwater Chemistry Challenge of Carbon Capture Storage and Atmospheric Environment
- Dr.rer.nat. Ir. Lilik Eko Widodo, MS. (FTTM) on Hydro-geotechnical Study of Liquefaction Potential in Bandung Basin-Learning from the Palu Earthquake.
- Dr. Endra Gunawan, S.T., M.Sc. (FTTM) on the Environmental Geoscience Investigation on Searching a Newly Unidentified Fault in Eastern Indonesia.
- Prof. Dr. Satria Bijaksana (FTTM) will give a lecture relating to the Magnetic-based Method for Field-screening of Ni Hyperaccumulator Plants.
At the end of the session, the research grant grantees expressed their appreciation to Asahi Glass Foundation for the received grants. Hopefully the result of these research findings can be beneficial.
Reporter: Adi Permana
Translator: Rizvika Rahmita Salim
scan for download